Eurochild is organising its annual conference, to take place in Leiden (the Netherlands), October 24-26 2012.
Children growing up in care or at risk of being taken into care are among the most vulnerable in Europe. Whilst no consistent data exists across Europe, the number of children concerned is significant, probably well over 1.5 million.
Issues to be discussed will include:
- the closing down of institutions;
- preventing child abandonment and care placement of under 3s;
- working with the biological families of children in care;
- support for children with disabilities and their families; and
- the transition to adulthood for children leaving care.
For more information or to register visit the Eurochild conference page.